Forum Name: Cancer of Unknown Primary

Question: blood from ears

sunshinexo - Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:35 pm

My relative has been prognosed with cancer final diagnosis has not been determined yet tests are still being run... although cancer has been found in the kidney, liver and lungs..today after awaking a loud pop was heard in the ear and blood had started to drip out. I'm asking for my own accord. He is at ER still awaiting for a physician.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Nov 05, 2009 10:09 am

Normally, i am skeptical about offering rare diagnoses (for the simple reason that common things always occur commonly!).
But in this instance, the description of your uncle's symptoms that you have provided, somehow led me to think of a rare diagnosis!
-- The 'Glomus Jugulare Tumor'.
A type of Chemodectoma, arising from the skull base, at or near the jugular bulb.
This has been reported to give rise to a feeling of a loud pulsing in the ear.Intermittent bleeding from the ear is also known.
Chemodectomas are benign in 95 per cent of cases.
Rarely malignant Chemodectomas do occur and are known to metastasize widely.
I hope this information may be of use to you.Best wishes!

|