Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Severe bone pain

preity273 - Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:19 pm

I am 19 and till now, have had no problems, but now, I have severe bone pain. When I walk (even if it is just for 5 min), my bone (it's my bone, not my leg) hurts like mad, I am also very tired and have no energy to do anything.
On my leg, I can feel lumps, small to medium sized lumps. The bone pain is pretty much there when ever i use my bone, and this is becoming a big problem. What's wrong with me? I thought that I may have bone cancer, but I'm too young for that, aren't I? Please help.

Thanks.
 Dr. Jeffrey Gordon - Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:20 pm

Thanks for posting your question here at The Lounge.

I can't tell you if there is or is not any cancer porblem causing your problem. I would suggest that you have your doctor evaluate you to see what might causing your pain. X-rays or other types of scans may well be of help. Whatever is going on in your situation, it certainly is causing you a lot of problems. Having it checked out sooner rather than later will hopefully get you some answers and get you feeling better.

My best to you.

Jeffrey A. Gordon, M.D.
 preity273 - Sat Mar 12, 2005 11:25 pm

Dear Dr. Jordon,

Thank you for replying. I know I should test it but I was pretty scared about what I would do if it were something bad. I did go and am waiting for the test results.

Thank you,

Preity

|