News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: Rectal Bleeding

hippiewitch - Sun Oct 11, 2009 3:26 pm

Hi,

I'm a 29 year old female. I have a concern. I wipe the inside as well as the outside when cleaning up after I have a bowel movement. I have ocd,too and I'm a bit obsessive about cleaning after I use the bathroom. Well,wiping the inside as well started making it bleed a little awhile ago,but the other day,it bled more than usual and today,it bled even more after I did that. I don't know if I have hemmoroids{spelling ?} or if I have irritated it a lot. It hurt a little,too at one point when I hit a certain point I guess when I was wiping the inside. It also has felt like I have a bump on the outside as well. I can't afford to go to a doctor right now,but what does this sound like?

Michelle
 Debra Van Ness RN - Mon Oct 12, 2009 7:25 am

Hard to know for sure. But I think you could be correct that the wiping inside could have caused irritation and started the blood. So, please try to not do that. Anytime we put something in our rectum there is a chance for trauma. The tissue is very sensitive in the GI tract. It could also be hemorrhoids which are flaring due to the excessive cleaning of the inside. However, please don't take this all at face value and see a physician as soon as you can. If the bleeding worsens and is continuous ....not stopping after leaving the toilet, then go to the E.R.
Debra Van Ness RN
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:00 am

User avatar Hi hippiewitch,
My advise to you would be...
Do not try to clean the 'inside'.This is totally unnecesary.This is certain to cause harm.One of the things that may happen is injury to the rectal mucosa resulting in what is known as a 'solitary rectal ulcer' that can cause bleeding.The other thing that may happen is 'proctitis'- which is inflammation of the anal canal.
As you say you have OCD,
you must consult your psychiatrist, reveal this practice of yours and get councelled.
Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here