Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Terrible headache when indrenaline is pumping or during Sex

GannaS - Wed Oct 14, 2009 8:52 am

I get terrible Headache in the front side of my brain/head since around 2 - 3 weeks,
Specially when I am doing an interesting action, or when my adrenaline is pumping, such as when i am Excited, during sex, Enjoying some certain sports or When i am very happy,

I don't know if the following points are related to this headache but they both came almost together:
Cause My attitude has changed lately, I was the ACTIVE person who always starting the parties & pull everyone to dance, I was a very jealous person in relationships, but now i am just a very laid back, relaxed or not even bothered to do anything kind of person, now i am lazy as my studies & attention has been going down along with my grades, "I don't care" & "Rude" person.

Can you please let me know what possible this can be? as I have been reading about those symptoms & I found out that it is related to brain tumor, not to forget that I am a person who had allot of countless pressure, disasters & hard time in my life,
thank you & please let me know if anything necessary is needed from me to help you help me,

regards,
 geauxchad - Mon Nov 09, 2009 12:25 am

I had the same thing happen. Randomly, after dating the same girl for an extended period of time, I would get intense, debilitating headaches during sex or after climax. I went to see a doctor and she prescribed a blood pressure medication. Needless to say, this killed my ability to have sex. So I went off the medicine and it just went away. The total duration of the problem was about 4-6 weeks.

One thing I might add is that I was taking Adderall while in school. Being a stimulant, it gets your BP up and may contribute. Also, it seemed to happen more when I was laying on my back.

You should seek professional medical advice about it, regardless. It could be a sign of something more serious.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:42 am

Exertion or effort headache is a benign headache precipitated by any form of strenuous activity including sports.Exertional headaches are frequently found in both migraine sufferers and non headache-prone patients.

Headaches occurring in relation to sexual activity are the so called Sexual headaches.
Whether Sexual headaches are a variant of the effort headaches or they are a separate entity is not clear.
The headache typically occurs de novo in an otherwise healthy person who has not been prone to headaches.

Apart from these, prolonged exertion is believed to act as one of the triggers for a typical migraine.

Sexual headaches tend to occur at sometime during the sexual activity,chiefly coinciding with an orgasm.Position is occasionally related, as the "active partner" seems to be more likely to experience sexual headache than the "passive partner".

But, one should always remember to exclude serious intracranial pathology before ascribing names such as these to headaches. Good day!

|