News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: tender top of one testicle

desmond - Sat Oct 17, 2009 4:30 am

One of my testicles is very sensitive at the very top.It feels a bit harder and much more sensitive and appears larger at the very top.I had a urinary tract infection about 4 years ago but was given antibiotics to clear it up.I also feel a tiny little bump really small on the testicle
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Oct 26, 2009 10:20 pm

User avatar Hi,
The hard lump that you feel just at the top of the testicle i guess, is the thickened 'head' of the epididymis.It is probable that during the UTI episode, you might have developed an epididymitis (inflammation of the epididymis), generally due to a retrograde entry of organisms via the vas deferens. This affects the tail of the epididymis first,then its body and then its head.
The swelling may persist for varying lengths of time despite adequate treatment.
The smaller swelling you refer to, may turn out to be an appendix of the testis ( a developmental,vestigial structure) - can cause acute pain if it undergoes torsion of its pedicle (may even be mistaken for testicular torsion).
An ultrasonological examination will give a definitive answer.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here