News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Pancreatic Cancer

Question: can the new tumors be radiation related?

rightbauer - Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:54 am

My Father-in-law has been diagnosed with bile duct/pancreatic cancer he just went to his follow up and now he has spots on his liver and lungs after the chemo/ radiation. Can these be there because of the treatment or is the cancer that aggressive? how do you tell the difference?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:37 am

User avatar Hi,
It would be very helpful if you could give me a few more details...

- When was your Father-in-law diagnosed as having pancreatic cancer?..or was it carcinoma of the peri-ampullary region?

- what do you exactly mean by spots on his liver? Were these spots seen at operation or by way of imaging?

- Did he undergo any surgery as primary therapy (? whipple's)

- how long since chemo-radiation?
Please give these details and then i can try to offer a better response.
Thank you for the post.
 rightbauer - Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:41 am

It is a tumor on his bile duct that is close to his pancreas they are calling it pancreatic cancer. The spots were numbered as several by my mother in law and they were seen by imaging. He did not undergo any surgery. These were spotted after the first round of chemo/radiation (One week after last dose).
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:26 am

User avatar Hi,
Thanks for the info.These lesions noted on the CT scan which are fairly recent would be assumed to be secondary deposits unless proved otherwise.
Good day!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here