News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: extremely worried and live in a reclusive area

kousman - Wed Oct 28, 2009 10:49 pm

Hello doctor, I am 30 year old man who recently noticed a hard painful inside the skin lump jsut under neat my scrotum. Since my notice i cant sleep and stop touching. When i roll my hand over it, it is painful and when i tried to squeeze it nothing comes off. I don't think its a pimple since i cant see a head and the lump is under my skin. Now I was wondering if it was skin cancer or something else even tough i read somewhere else that cancer lump are not painful. Is it true?

My second question and equally important is in regards to the nature of cancer lump. Now if I decided to wait before i could see a doctor in the city and the lump goes away, will it still be consider a cancer treat or not? In other words, doctor, does cancer lump goes away after ew days or does it stay longer and gets bigger? will a lunmp that gets smaller and goes away consider a cancer threat or not? to be more clear is that i was wondering if this lump goes away on his won after few days do i have to still be worried about it? the reason im asking you this is to be able to have a certain idea of my situation because if cancer lumps does not go away that easily and gets bigger then I will have better state of mind till my next doctor visit.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:51 pm

User avatar Hello,Cancer lumps do not go away and come back.Their nature is to grow and rarest of the rare disappear.What you have possibly is a sebaceous cyst or a folliculitis if it is just below the scrotal skin.If it is deeper may be an inflammation of epidiydymis just above the testis.All these can be tackle easily with antibiotic.Minor injuries due to cycling etc can leave behind blood collection in small areas known by name hematoma and it would reduce slowly.So do visit your doctor and do not worry.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here