Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Anal blood

keels - Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Over the past 5/6 years I have on and off had small amounts of blood from my anus when I go to the toilet. I have visited a doctor on two occassions and both times he has diagnosed me as having piles, that's what causes the minor bleeding rather than anything more serious. Can I please ask if this is possible? Recently I have actually passed a drop or two of blood into the toilet, which has concerned me. However I have seen both my local doctor's regarding this who say it's piles as I say. Any advice would be extremely welcomed!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:23 am

- Bleeding due to hemorrhoids (piles) usually happens at the end of bowel action, is painless and 'Bright Red'.

- Bleeding due to anal fissures may be mixed with stool or may 'streak' the stool.

- Bleeding from higher up in the large bowel may be maroon coloured - what is at times called as 'Hematochezia'.

- bleeding from much higher up in the intestinal tract appears black, tarry, sticky & foul smelling (melena).

I suggest that you see a surgeon, who will perhaps perform a DRE(digital rectal examination) as well as a proctoscopy and sort out your symptom. Best wishes!
 ashleydawnfahie - Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi, i have an issue and i don't know who to ask , i have already went to my doctor and she gave me proctofoam-HC and it hasnt been doing anything. im bleeding after each bowel movement, its highly painful and i just don't know how serious or what to do ...
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:31 am

Please persist with the treatment prescribed.These things take time to settle down.Avoid constipation at all costs.Follow up with your doctor. Hopefully everything will subside soon. Good luck!
 hdog2201 - Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:07 am

I have a problem that sounds funny and is embaressing, but honestly I'm really scared. I'm a 24 year old male. This is the second time this has happened to me. When I poop, blood comes out. The poop color is light red and it honestly feels like there might be a cut in the rectum right when the poop is about to come out i feel a sharp pain. The first time this happend(month ago) I put vaseline around the area and the problem went away the next day.... I don't have insurance and honestly i'm too embarassed to just go and talk to somebody about this especially if its not the right person. Thanks a lot in advance for any advice that could help stop this from happening in the future.

|