News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Anal blood

keels - Thu Oct 29, 2009 3:49 pm

Over the past 5/6 years I have on and off had small amounts of blood from my anus when I go to the toilet. I have visited a doctor on two occassions and both times he has diagnosed me as having piles, that's what causes the minor bleeding rather than anything more serious. Can I please ask if this is possible? Recently I have actually passed a drop or two of blood into the toilet, which has concerned me. However I have seen both my local doctor's regarding this who say it's piles as I say. Any advice would be extremely welcomed!
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:23 am

User avatar Hi,
- Bleeding due to hemorrhoids (piles) usually happens at the end of bowel action, is painless and 'Bright Red'.

- Bleeding due to anal fissures may be mixed with stool or may 'streak' the stool.

- Bleeding from higher up in the large bowel may be maroon coloured - what is at times called as 'Hematochezia'.

- bleeding from much higher up in the intestinal tract appears black, tarry, sticky & foul smelling (melena).

I suggest that you see a surgeon, who will perhaps perform a DRE(digital rectal examination) as well as a proctoscopy and sort out your symptom. Best wishes!
 ashleydawnfahie - Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:23 pm

Hi, i have an issue and i don't know who to ask , i have already went to my doctor and she gave me proctofoam-HC and it hasnt been doing anything. im bleeding after each bowel movement, its highly painful and i just don't know how serious or what to do ...
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:31 am

User avatar Hi,
Please persist with the treatment prescribed.These things take time to settle down.Avoid constipation at all costs.Follow up with your doctor. Hopefully everything will subside soon. Good luck!
 hdog2201 - Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:07 am

Hello,

I have a problem that sounds funny and is embaressing, but honestly I'm really scared. I'm a 24 year old male. This is the second time this has happened to me. When I poop, blood comes out. The poop color is light red and it honestly feels like there might be a cut in the rectum right when the poop is about to come out i feel a sharp pain. The first time this happend(month ago) I put vaseline around the area and the problem went away the next day.... I don't have insurance and honestly i'm too embarassed to just go and talk to somebody about this especially if its not the right person. Thanks a lot in advance for any advice that could help stop this from happening in the future.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here