Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: right testicle small..no pain but the left one is normal.

problemguy - Sat Oct 31, 2009 11:19 pm

My right testicle is small and the left one seems to be normal.I don't know the reason why it got smaller,but i feel its due to excess of msturbaton.it was normal wen i was young n started wen i was 12-13.I want to know how this happened and is it harmful.Also,is masturbation the cause and can it be treated naturally or surgically.I hope i get a reply soon.Thanks.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:19 am

When a doctor examines the scrotum, he/she tries to assess (among other things) the following...
- size(volume) of the testicle
- consistency of the testicle
- 'Lie' of the testicle
- status of the spermatic cord
- associated hydroceles
- varicoceles.

Generally size is less important than consistency. A normal testis feels firm. A testis which is relatively small in size will be considered normal if the consistency is firm.

A small, soft, testis indicates testicular atrophy.
A horizontal 'lie' (normal testicular 'lie' is vertical), may suggest an increased risk for testicular torsion - which can lead to a small, atrophic testis.

Mastubation(to the best of my knowledge) does not make the testis smaller. Best wishes!

|