Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Cyst on right testicle checked 10 yrs ago but pain persists

mrphilip - Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:16 pm

Hello.

Ten years ago I found a small lump on my right testicle measuring roughly 2.5 mm in diameter. I had an ultrasound and was told that it was not cancer. However, since then the testicle and the area around it has become more painful. The pain ranges from an easily ignorable dullness to sharp stabs. Sometimes the pain goes away entirely. The lump has grown only slightly since it was first checked, perhaps increasing in size by 30%.

A couple of possible contributing factors that I should mention are:
- I cycle every day for at least two hours and have done so for nine years.
- I broke my hip, pelvis and neck in several places fifteen years ago (I've often wondered about referred pain from the pelvis, which is now arthritic).

I am 32 years of age.

Many thanks for any responses.

Philip
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Thu Nov 12, 2009 11:55 am

It would have been very helpful if you had mentioned the exact location of the swelling.
A selling at the top of the testicle could be
- a swollen head of the epididymis(due to epididymitis- acute and chronic)
- an appendix of the testis, or
- an an appendix of the epididymis.
Appendix of the testis and appendix of the epididymis are embryological, vestigial, cystic structures.
A swelling at the bottom of the testis could be a thickened tail of the epididymis(again due to epdidymitis).

The swelling in your case is unlikely to be related to cycling.
Trauma could cause a swelling in relation to the testicle(hematocele).Your description does not favour a referred pain due to pelvic trauma.
Best Wishes!

|