Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Headache with Neck Ache & Chest Pressure

Janbo25 - Tue Mar 01, 2005 11:39 am

Hi, I recently had a baby 7 weeks ago and since then I have had bad discomfort to the righthand side of my chest, which doesn't hurt to touch and doesn't affect my breathing (a PE as been rulled out, i have had a chest xray and VQ scan), the pain feels more like a stitch after you have been running etc. the achingness also travels around into my neck where it feels very achy and I've also been having slight headaches mainly to the righthand side but sometimes all over which feel more like pressure rather than a shooting/sharp pain.
I have had a bllod test done at the doctors which showed that my ESR was up, which I believe means there is some inflamation??
 Dr. Jeffrey Gordon - Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:44 pm

Thanks for posting your question here at The Lounge. Is your question one about cancer or about a brain tumor? Your question was posted on the Brain Tumor Forum of the Oncology Section.

In general, ESR levels can be elevated for countless reasons. It is a nonspecific test in that almost anything can elevate it but it being elevated is not specific for any particular problem.

jeffrey A. Gordon, M.D.
 Janbo25 - Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:52 am

Thanks for the reply I'm just trying to find an answer to the pain, my ESR is 28 which I believe is highly elevated, my only concern is I'm taking ibuprofen and they don't seem to be helping?

|