Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lymph node under the chin?

courtney270 - Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:44 am

Yesterday I felt a bump under my chin. I wasn't sure if this was just an enlarged lymph node or something to be more concerned about. I didn't know if there are even lymph nodes under the chin. It doesn't hurt when I first touch it, but after checking to see if it's still there about 100 times is when it starts to bother me. No other nodes are enlarged, that I'm aware of. I don't feel sick, although almost everyone in the departments surronding me at work are sick.
I'd just like to know if this is something normal or if I should go see my doctor.
Thank you
 Quinn - Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:56 am

Hello!
First,there are many nodes under the chin because face has lots of blood and lymph vessels and anything that appears on the face,for example an acne,can produce a reaction of lymph node(s)under chin.
If you have viral or bacterial infection,lymph nodes may enlarge and in most cases they are painfull when you palpate them.
You should calm down and stop thinking about that lymph node,but if it stays enlarged and becomes bigger and firmer,you should consult your doctor. :)
 x12K Marie M20x - Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:46 pm

Hey. I just noticed a bump located between my bottom jaw bones under my chin just yesterday morning :( . I woke up & went to stretch & when I went to look up it felt as if I was pulling a muscle. I'm worried because I do not want anything that's harmful towards me :cry: . The lump doesn't hurt unless I'm poking at it to see if it's gotten smaller or has gone away. Then it hurts but not a lot to say owh. Just enough to say "What the heck is on my neck?" :oops: I'm really scared & don't know what to do. You can't really see it unless I put my head up reall high then you can kinda see where it's located. What's going on? I'll be waiting for your reply :( ... Thank you! .::~*Korina*~::. [/quote][/code]
 x12K Marie M20x - Tue Jul 12, 2005 8:18 am

Well today it hurts a little bit more. Now I can tell there's something there where as I don't have to poke at it to see if it's still there. & When I look up real high I can feel it a bit more. It's starting to expand the pain up to like my bottom of my chin like I just smacked it on something. I'm 15 years old... I hope it's not cancer! I'm soo scared. Please reply!
 Eric Forman - Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:45 pm

Yeah, I noticed a few weeks ago that there was this bump right under my chin, and I was wondering what it was. Its doesnt have seem to gotten bigger or tougher but I do know that i have a lot of acne lately so if anyone can help me or let me know what it might be and if there is a chance I have any kind of cancer because that would suck really bad, but at least I'll know early. Thanks
 Navybird - Wed Nov 30, 2005 2:55 pm

I too have a midline hard lump up under my chin in the soft palate area. I feel it up in there. It always swells up more when I have this swollen painful acne on my chin. My guess is the bacteria in the cyst like acne is swelling that lymph gland.

|