News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Anti cancer vaccine question

Fizpok - Sun Dec 06, 2009 5:24 pm

Before answering, please read till the end, as it is long :)

I am looking for a rather specific information about "RESAN" vaccine. Now, I know that it is not certified, and I know that it is questionable, according to experts. This is NOT what I am looking for.
See, according to claims by people offering it (and I have reasons to believe this part of their claims), around 3,000 people have already been vaccinated. Being an expert in online technologies - this is my profession - I thought, well, all I need to do is to find some of these 3,000 and ask. This way I will get the first hand info, avoiding both replies from people who sell it, and people who criticize it based on it being sort of an "alternative".
I failed, to my surprise. I was not able to find anyone, who would say "I was treated with it, here are results and here are side effects". None, which is very strange in the age of Internet blogs.
Now, I don't believe they are all dead, neither I believe they signed a non-nondisclosure agreement.

My question, therefore, is: could you please tell, if you met these people? As doctors, you probably should... I am not looking for personal contacts, of course - just for info on vaccine effect, both on cancer (does it work) and on patient (side effects).

Thank you.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:36 am

User avatar Hello,While I am not familiar with this vaccine,one thing is certain ie unless clinical trails are done one can not be certain of the claims of any particular drug or molecule.Also if claims are made of activity against multiple malignancies it becomes more difficult to accept such substances as possible cures or preventives.Only long term studies with animal models or culture studies can throw light on possible action and side effects.Best wishes.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here