Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Lump behind left ear

pgrobben - Fri Mar 18, 2005 1:32 am

I have a lump behind my left ear that won't go away. It doesn't hurt but gets irritated and causes my neck to swell. It is more noticable when i have sinus problems. Any ideas as to what this is?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:47 am

User avatar Hi pgrobben,
If the location is near the base of your ear (for example, behind your earlobe) and you noticed it after a particular infection, it may be a lymph node. Lymph nodes commonly enlarge because they are the bodies filtering system for bacteria. The lymph nodes may not return to their preinfectious state. You may want to have the area evaluated by your physician to assure this is the cause.