Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Enlarged lymph node size 11 cm

HollyGolighty44 - Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:33 pm

I am a 44 year old female, average height 5'10, weight 145 with a need of an answer or two. I have a lymph node under my arm that is rather large, one on the back of my neck that is large, and a few lumps in my breast. The one under my arm as well as the others have been there for years, too many to remember. Last summer I had a biospy in the breast that came back ok, but was told probably best to get them out one day not pressing. I have the one in my neck with a recent ultrasound is said to probably come out as well but not pressing either. With all that said, the one under my arm is large, where my husband told me Go to the DR! Went saw the PA, sent for CT with contrast of the chest, called them for results, told me had to get the one under my arm out ,11 cm in size, Really, other possible to come out, could go either way. (Nurse not Dr told me this), making an appt with surgeon ASAP. Have some other things that are bothering my, tired, tired, tired, bones tend to ache, no energy, legs itch from knee to ankle sometimes so bad that I scratch them raw (not all the time itiching but a good bit) thinking that is just stress of life. My question is what do you think could be going on with me? With that said, in January 09 I was told I was diabetic, A1C was 2 (really) sugar was off and I have lost about 35 pounds (good) in the matter of about 3 months without trying..eating alot of sweets but keep losing..I am still not convinced I am diabetic, but take medication and eat all the time to keep weight from going further. Sometimes I am made to feel that it is all me in my head...you are just wasting time going to the Dr.. your just a Diabetic!! Could please possibly lead my in the right direction?
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:37 am

It appears that you have a breast lump proven to be benign by biopsy and chronic cervical & axillary lymphadenopathy.

You have not mentioned about the results of any lab tests that were done (other than for diabetes mellitus).

As the breast lesion has been sorted out, the lymph nodes need urgent evaluation.As soon as possible, an FNAC of the large (11cms) axillary lymph node or an excision biopsy of the cervical lymph node is indicated.This will perhaps would be the right step for you to take without further delay.
Good luck!
 HollyGolighty44 - Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:18 am

Thank-you, I am scheduled for surgery the first of July.. I also have a spot on the liver that is small..the surgeon states that the spot on the liver is most likely a cyst that needed watching and would evaluate it further after the removal of the lymph nodes to see what they seem to be. Thank-you for you reply it is most appreciated.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:39 pm

User avatar Hello HollyGolighty44,
Thank you for keeping in touch.I sincerely hope everything will turn out to be OK.Good day!

|