Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers
provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not
replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site
visitor and his/her physician."
Back to Oncology Answers List
- Sun Jun 13, 2010 8:15 pm
Hello, i am 19 years old and i have had a lump on my anus passage for over 7 months (maybe even longer).
i am getting really worried about it now but am embarresed to go to my doctor as they are all males and i don't feel comfortable.
the lump is big but it dosnt hurt. its my normal skin colour but it has got bigger over the past few months. i have never seemed to have trouble passing stools, and ive not noticed no blood but it sometimes feels like i am straining even though i'm not. i also suffer from nausea alot but i don't know if thats related.
could this be serious as iit seems to be growing and i am getting a little worried.
| Dr.M.Aroon kamath
- Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:37 pm
From your description, it is difficult to arrive at a definitive conclusion. However, i will try to list some of the possibilities.
- Peri-anal hematoma: occurs at the anal verge due to bleeding from one of the tiny veins. Initially painful (if tense) & later pain passes off.
- Prolapsed hemorrhoid: grade 2- if it comes out during straining and reduces sponteneously; grade 3 - if it can only be digitally reduced & grade 4 - if it can't be reduced at all (remains outside).
- prolapsed rectal polyp: may or may not be associated with bleeding.
- a peri-anal skin tag: usually associated with chronic anal fissures.
Apart from these more common conditions, other lesions (benign & malignant) may also occur in this region.Without a detailed clinical examination, it may be hazardous to afford a guess.You must consult a surgeon & sort this out.