The Doctors Lounge Message Archive

This is an archived entry for a more up to date version of this post click here!

red bumpy rash, non itchy

Skin Cancer

Post subject: red bumpy rash, non itchy
Marz
- Sat Apr 02, 2005 11:04 pm

Hello. I hope there is someone that can help me. Smile
My mother has this strange rash that is appearing on her hands She also has a small patch on top of her foot and behind her calf. This rash is red, kinda bumpy, it doesnt hurt, its not blistery, not painful, doesnt itch.. ITs just there and it looks ugly. She notices that when she wets her hands, the redness increases. The one on top of her foot is really strange.. its kinda browny red and it's formed in a circle... I thought it might be ring worm or something but I thought ring worm is itchy. I don't think that is it. My mom has been to a dermatalogist and they don't know what this it but they told her many women get it.. They wanted to treat her with sterroids to get rid of it, but I am not sure about that.. wanted to get a second opinion. A few years back my mother got a piece cut out to test it, and see if it was cancerous but the test came back fine. My mother is also experiencing menopause symptoms and I am wondering if this has anything to do with it.
IF there is anyone or any doctor out there that can provide me with some insight, explanation or any kind of info.. I would appreciate it! I want to help my mother, she is feeling very insecure with this. She also tried some chinese herbal medicine.. the rash got lighter but it didnt go away. Thank you again for any insights!

All the best
Marzana.

send to a friend