Forum Name: Lung Cancer

Question: diagnosed with lung cancer

jmuff11 - Thu Apr 07, 2005 3:49 pm

i received my pet scan results today and i am very confused.it says the findings are suggestive of carinoma of the left lung apex with metastatic lymphadenopathy in the left lung hilum. now my doctor wants to do a brancostopy to determine if it is small cell cancer.i am wanting to know if it is terminal.i would like to know in order to plan..

thanks,
very worried
 Dr. Safaa Mahmoud - Sat Jun 24, 2006 3:08 pm

User avatar Dear Jimuff11,
I am sorry to hear that, but You have to wait again for the results of the pathological examination of the biopsy he will take through bronchoscopy. In addition, you have to complete your work up with abdominal Ultra-Sound and other investigations he will recommend to determine the stage of your disease. The treatment approach and prognosis differ according to the type of cancer cells, and the stage of your disease.
 jmuff11 - Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:33 pm

i am 52 years old and female.i was diagnosed with ]stage 1a lung cancer in may 05.i had half of my left lung removed on may 11,2005.i am currently in remission.i had one chemo treatment last august and am now not doing anything except having cat scans every 6 months and i see my oncologists every 3 months.i am truly grateful for every day that i am here to enjoy...thank you for your reply...

jmuff11
 troyzlisa - Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:24 pm

I am glad to hear you are in remission! My MOm has cancer like that and i hope she is as lucky as you
 jmuff11 - Sun Dec 09, 2007 9:19 pm

i am still in remission and i pray that your mom will be well.i have added her to my prayer list.

jmuff11
 mandrell11*5 - Fri May 08, 2009 7:07 am

I would like to know the symptoms you had before you were diagnosed? I posted a question and has not been answered yet. Thank You.

|