News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Guidance?

Marione - Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:19 am

Hi,

I'm 24 and about eight months ago I noticed I had a swollen lymph node in my right groin - I never got it checked until two months ago when I noticed that my left node had swollen also. I have been to the doctors twice in the past month and both times neither of them were concerned. I'm told my blood work is fine and that the size and texture of my lymph nodes are nothing to worry about. The past two weeks I have been feeling pain in both sides of my chest. The pain is sharp and quick, something I can usually just rub out. I've also been feeling a very crampy and tight feeling in my upper left abdomen. Is this something I should go back to the doctor's about? Otherwise, my health has been fine.

Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Tue Apr 12, 2005 2:23 pm

Dear Marione,

I suggest you ask your GP for a chest x-ray, abdominal Ultra sound ,serum LDH and an ECG. Those can answer a lot of questions for you. and you can check if you have other lymph nodes elsewhere, Like in your axilla(under your armpits)....in your neck and behind your clavicles, ok?

lymph nodes in the groin can be non specific...especially when they are small and feeling soft.
    Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
    Doctors Lounge.
    All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
    Diseases | Symptoms
    Drugs | Labs | Procedures
    Software | Tutorials

Advertising
    Links | Humor
    Forum Archive
    CME Articles

Privacy Statement
    Terms & Conditions
    Editorial Board
    About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
    Verify here