News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Bladder Cancer

Question: Lab results: Fish-Bladder Cancer

mskyy22 - Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:32 pm

I was sent to Duke Health Center two months ago. I was having pains and my urine smelled different. They took a sample of my urine and scheduled a follow up visit, which is next week. I registered to there online health portable and was able to view the lab results. The first lab was my urinalysis that stated my WBC was 6 and Squamous Epithelial cell is 5...the next lab stated Fish-Bladder Cancer and said refer to image but there was no image that I could see. Can someone tell me what this means.

Sincerely,
Confused
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:58 am

User avatar Hello,I guess you got it all wrong! FISH (UroVysion assay) UroVysion is a fluorescence in situ hybridization assay that was developed for the detection of bladder cancer in urine specimens.It detects chromosomal abnormalities in cells suspected for from the urinary bladder in voided urine specimens.Those with gross bleeding in urine,or microscopic hematuria may be subjected to this test for diagnosis.So do not worry and come to conclusions.
Cheers!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here