News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Sarcoma

Question: Found a bump on chest and unsure whether this is normal?

lorlasch - Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi There
I am a 21 year old female. About 2 or 3 months ago I found a lump/bump on my chest. It is on my left side , I am not sure but I think on the sternum? It is along the bone under the collarbone, if that makes any sense? It feels hard I believe and is about 3 fingerswide. I have felt the other side of my chest and do not feel anything on that side. I also checked my mom sister and fathers chest and do not feel it on theirs. It has not bothered me except for a dull pain which comes and goes and a little bit of pressure now. I have also had some arm /should and back pain all on the left side (not sure whether this is related). I made an appointment with my doctor but it is not for 2 weeks as she is out of town and I cannot seem to rest about it.Is it normal that maybe it could just be a protruding bone or something?It also seems to feel a little swollen along the bone. (Hope that makes sense) Please any Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:19 pm

User avatar Hi,
Firstly, i would recommend that you refer to these following links where some of us at DoctorsLounge had addressed similar symptoms.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=45165&hilit=+swelling+under+clavicle

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30690&hilit=+swelling+under+clavicle

3 fingers wide is a pretty large lump which makes sebaceous cysts and epidermoid cysts rather unlikely.

Other important differential diagnoses(among several others) that should be thought of are,
- a lipoma,
- a lymphangioma,and
- a cold abscess.

You must show to a doctor soon, so that delays in management are avoided.
Good luck!

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here