Forum Name: Sarcoma

Question: Found a bump on chest and unsure whether this is normal?

lorlasch - Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:13 pm

Hi There
I am a 21 year old female. About 2 or 3 months ago I found a lump/bump on my chest. It is on my left side , I am not sure but I think on the sternum? It is along the bone under the collarbone, if that makes any sense? It feels hard I believe and is about 3 fingerswide. I have felt the other side of my chest and do not feel anything on that side. I also checked my mom sister and fathers chest and do not feel it on theirs. It has not bothered me except for a dull pain which comes and goes and a little bit of pressure now. I have also had some arm /should and back pain all on the left side (not sure whether this is related). I made an appointment with my doctor but it is not for 2 weeks as she is out of town and I cannot seem to rest about it.Is it normal that maybe it could just be a protruding bone or something?It also seems to feel a little swollen along the bone. (Hope that makes sense) Please any Any help would be very greatly appreciated. Thank you.
 Dr.M.Aroon kamath - Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:19 pm

Firstly, i would recommend that you refer to these following links where some of us at DoctorsLounge had addressed similar symptoms.

viewtopic.php?f=38&t=45165&hilit=+swelling+under+clavicle

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=30690&hilit=+swelling+under+clavicle

3 fingers wide is a pretty large lump which makes sebaceous cysts and epidermoid cysts rather unlikely.

Other important differential diagnoses(among several others) that should be thought of are,
- a lipoma,
- a lymphangioma,and
- a cold abscess.

You must show to a doctor soon, so that delays in management are avoided.
Good luck!

|