Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Can Cancer in bloodstream spread during Sex?

pitcher0411 - Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:55 pm

I have a friend who has lung cancer and it's spread to tissue in his body and now his brain. Until treatment started our sex life was normal. Being that the cancer is in his bloodstream I was wondering if there was anyway I could be at risk from having sex with him. I'm thinking probably not but want to make sure.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:48 am

The chances of getting Lung Cancer through sexual means has not been described. So there is no reason for you to panic.
The chances of contracting lung cancer maybe possible through passive smoking and has been described. Maybe this is the only way you can spread Lung cancer letting others smoke your cigarettes, by inhaling the smoke.Of course you can not spread it like tuberculosis from person to person. So quite worrying and be happy with your friend.
Best Wishes.

|