Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: How could HPV & Herpes affect a cancer patient?

Rjam - Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:10 am

I was diagnosed with HPV in 1996. The type of HPV that i have is the kind that manifests on the cervix. I developed cervical cancer. I had a Leep proceedure, and many follow up paps, and was declared in remission. I married 9 years ago, and my husband & I decided to share everything, including my HPV. Now, 9 years later, I caught him cheating with the wife of another man. The other man is dying of cancer (I'm not sure which kind). Since discovering my husband with her, I went to the doctor and found out that I now have herpes. I'm told that HPV is essentially herpes, but have been given no clear info on the relationship between the two. I had developed sores in my mouth after my last coupling with my husband. Now, as a result of his actions, myself, my husband, his harlot, and her poor dying husband all have the same two STD's. I am VERY VERY concerned about how these two STD's will affect a cancer patient. To make matters worse, I KNOW that this man does not even know about his wife's cheating, or his new diseases. Is there any way you can give me any info on this without knowing the type of cancer the guy has?? I have no way to find out his medical info. to give you any more info than I already have. This man has a right to know what has been done to him. And I desperatley want to know how this will affect his health. Any info that you can give me on this subject I will be forwarding to the poor guy so that he can take it to his doctor to do whatever he needs to do.
 Dr.M.jagesh kamath - Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:27 am

User avatar Hello,First HPV and HSV are different.And both have sexual as well as non sexual transmissions.Herpes simplex type1 which has an oral predilection occurs mostly non sexual and by 15 years of age most population acquires it.Type 2 affecting genitalia is spread sexually but all would not manifest the disease.
HPV or the wart virus has many subtypes and the nonsexual forms may range from plane warts to some skin conditions like epidermoplasia verruciformis.The sexual forms cause genital warts,and cervix types leading to malignancy in some.
As to whether one has already harbored the infection or newly acquired it would be difficult to establish.
Immunity to different conditions are based on general and specific factors.A person may have malignancy but if he has immunity against a specific organism or multiple organisms he would resist it.

|