News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Lump, discomfort/pain in right testical and lower right....

Mitch - Tue Apr 26, 2005 12:27 am

Hello all,
I'm 19 and I've been going through some odd symptoms. I have a lump about 3/4ths the size of a toothbrush head on the area where my scrotum starts and where my leg meets my groin area (on the right side). So far it looks like it's only on the leg and not on the scrotum, and it's more on the lower side.. It's kind of hard and something I just noticed. I've been having pain & discomfort in my right testicle as well as my lower right abdomin along with soarness/discomfort in my kidney region/lower back, and in the last few days have been getting headaches that don't seem to keep reoccuring. I'm concerned & I'm wondering what this could possibly be. I don't' know how long the lump has been there for but i've been having discomfort in the testicular region noticably for around the last few weeks. Do these symptoms coincide with testicular cancer, an std of any sort, or anything else? Or am I just being paranoid & should wait for the lump to go away.

Thanks for your help,
Mitch
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Apr 26, 2005 4:22 am

User avatar Hi Mitch,
Any unusual lump (anywhere) warrants an evaluation by a physician. In my opinion a STD is an unlikely cause. Keep in mind that there are conditions that cause these, for example, a cyst, that may cause tenderness as well. I would certainly suggest an evaluation to rule out any other anomalies.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 cartty - Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:12 pm

I want to know if this is testicle cancer if the right testicle is bigger than the left testicle? it is not obivious but if you fell it you can tell the right side is bigger.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:28 am

User avatar Hi cartty,
It is not unusual for one testicle to be slightly larger than the other unless this is a new appearance. Generally speaking, when symptoms arise from testicular cancer, there may be a mass or lump, swelling, unusual ache and heaviness in the lower abdomen or scrotum. If the difference in testicular size is a new development, has not been present prior to now, an evaluation is warranted.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here