News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: benign tumors syndromes?

ddavey - Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:21 am

is there a syndrome that causes benign tumors to form in the body? my 19 yr old daughter has had two benign lesions on her brain, a aneurysmal "bulge" on the leaflet of her mitral valve, and a sex cord tumor removed from her ovary. she is mentally impaired and also had the muscles in her eyes tightened when she was three as they pulled out to the sides. two months ago when she went for a routine echo it was discovered that she has idiopathic dilated cardiomyopathy. she is currently being treated with vasotec and coreg. she had a trip to the er for dizziness and shortness of breath, and was given a cat scan to check for fluid in the lungs. there was no fluid and it was determined that her symptoms were side effects of coreg and physical activity on a rather warm day. one week later i received a call from her pcp stating that she had received the report from the radiologist and there was a spot on her lung which they believe to be a benign tumor. she will be consulting with her cardiologist and they will decide what the next step is. three years ago, after the surgery for the sex cord tumor, i requested a full body cat scan to determine if any other were there and there were none. has anyone heard of anything, any syndrome that causes these type of benign lesions?
 Kirsty_Oz - Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:34 am

did they say what type of tumours they were?
 ddavey - Thu Apr 28, 2005 7:58 am

we don't know what type is on the lung, i do know that is not calcified.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here