News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Dizziness, nausea, headaches, pain in neck and shoulders

mkw222 - Wed May 04, 2005 12:23 am

Hello,
For the past 4-5 days I have been feeling really bad. I have been dizzy and nauseous and I even threw up once. I always get really bad headaches and I usually blame it on my TMJ, although I am not sure if that's the cause or not. My neck is sore and shoulders are sore as well. It's the back of my neck, not the front. I haven't been running any fever and I don't hurt anywhere else. I haven't been to the doctor because I do not have medical insurance and can't afford to go unless I absolutely have to. I know that you cannot diagnose me over the computer but can you give me an idea of different things that this could be? I am really desperate here! Thank you so so much.
Melissa
 mkw222 - Tue May 10, 2005 5:40 am

Hey!
The pain got worse and it spread to the right side of my chest, under my right arm, and all the way around to my back. What's wierd is that it didn't hurt all the time. Most of the time it would start when I laid down. This went on for a couple of days and by Saturday night I was hurting so bad that I had no choice but to go to the emergency room. Of course, they ended up admitting me and doing surgery. I had many many many Gall Stones!!! On the sonogram it was really bad. My gall bladder was full of stones. And now I am home from the hospital and am in pain from the surgery and from the urinary tract infection I got at the hospital. Yeah, sucks huh? Anyway, I am relieved that it was something that could be fixed. Why do we even have gall bladders anyway? We can live with them or without them. :)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here