News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Would gastrinoma show up on tests?

castanza - Thu May 19, 2005 12:09 pm

Gastrinoma, or "Zollinger Ellison Syndrome" -- would this show up on an ultrasound, CT scan, or even chest X-ray (I've had all three)
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Thu May 19, 2005 1:37 pm

Why are you worried about gastrinoma in the first place?? Have you had a serum gastrin done?
 castanza - Thu May 19, 2005 2:30 pm

No I havent. I've had right-upper quadrant pain for about 4+ weeks now. it came on gradually over 3 days, but whamm on the third. Since then I've had CT scans, ultrasounds, chest x-rays, multiple blood tests and UA's and everything comes back normal. I've been given Nexium tho, and take that twice a day for about two weeks now.

I'm supposed to have an endoiscopy Monday. Which should be interesting because until recently the pain was under the sternum but down and to the right about 4" - I started taking advil daily and it nearly went away, but is now back - but lower and more towards the side of my ribs. I wonder about my ascending colon, because it's right there and is one of the few things that hasn't been looked at.

But I asked about gastrinoma because the symptoms seem similar, and my liver is so nearby the pain... but I also just started taking Bactrim, (UTI) and wonder if that's doing something.

It's all very frustating, scary,, annoying, and exausting all at the same time.
 Dr. S. Adhikari - Thu May 19, 2005 2:43 pm

Dn't worry so much......you most probably have a gastritis...best of luck with the endoscopy...let me know of the report. Always be optimistic.....

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here