Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Anal fissure and pain from coccyx?

utit - Wed May 25, 2005 11:52 am

Hello all,

I've had what I think is an anal fissure for almost 3 years. I got it very randomly, I was walking about when I felt an uncomfortable wet feeling, when I went to check it out there was quite a lot of blood on my boxer shorts. Anyway after reading about anal fissures I thought it would eventually go away, but it hasn't and I have been embarrased to go to see the doctor about it. It started off as a small cut but over the 3 years has widened out to a larger circular cut about 1.5cm in diameter, it didn't used to bleed as much but now it bleeds almost constantly, there is always blood on my boxer shorts which is sometimes sticky and smells bad (something like canned tuna fish). Just after passing a bowel movement the bleeding that can be seen is bright red blood as I have seen described for piles. It used to be quite itchy especially after using the toilet, however now it just seems painful (not extremely painful just a little). The weird thing is the pain doesn't seem to come from the cut itself (it only hurts when touched), the pain seems to come from the bone just above (the coxics I think it is called). Anyway like I say I have had it for about 3 years and I am only 18 so I doubt it could be cancer, however I would like your advise to what it may be, I'm pretty sure it is an anal fissure or piles.
Thank you in advance
John.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed May 25, 2005 6:17 pm

User avatar Hi utit,
Any symptoms in which you describe warrants an evaluation. I can understand your reluctance or embarassment in having an evaluation, but is your health being at risk worth it? I would give that some very serious thought and then call your physician for an evaluation. Here is weblink for you to view.
Click here!
 utit - Thu May 26, 2005 7:42 am

Thanks, for the reply. Looking into it more it sounds like it is an anal fistula, is this bad? Should I get it sorted out as soon possible?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu May 26, 2005 8:01 am

User avatar Hi utit,
According to your description of symptoms, yes, I strongly suggest you have an evaluation.

|