Forum Name: Bladder Cancer

Question: pain and pressure in left back under rib

delila - Fri May 27, 2005 1:40 pm

diagnosed with bladder cancer Ta and CIS in 2003. Four TURBTs and 12 BCGs later I have had three clear cystos. My last cysto was a week ago. I will begin next BCG in July. At my cysto last week, I told my doctor of a mild pain I was having in my left back behind my last rib and sometimes at waist level. It is intermittent, about a 3 to 4 pain level out of 10, does not hurt at night or when I urinate, feels normal in the morning, but begins to hurt after I am up and have eaten. My cytology was negative. I had no blood in my urine. When I exert myself, this hurts more. When it is hurting more, I feel generally bad...almost sick. It can come and go in a day, or last a whole day. It has been happening for about a month. My uro does not think it is a kidney stone or infection. He says to wait until my next IVP or CAT scan...which is months away. I have been taking many vitamins and herbal extracts. I was afraid that I had developed a kidney stone or ulcer. I drink at least a gallon of distilled water a day. This continues to bother me. I have called my uro back once about it. He does not seem to be worried. I am wondering if I should go to my internist to press for finding out what is happening in my back.
 mwaura - Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:58 pm

i think you should be concerned about the pain the most adequate test to go for would be a a urinalysis completee to look for microscopic blood traces and casts which would give a reson to query for kidney stones even before other conclusive investigatios are caried uot also i would advise you to press for an abdominal pelvic ct scan and a chest x ray this would rule ot metastatic desease from youre primary fdesease well after this tests then discuss with youre intern on the best course good luck an wish u all the best cheers

|