News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Neck Lump

Yung_Trae53 - Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:41 pm

Hi,
I've had a lump in tha left side of my neck its moblie i dunno if its good or bad..ive had it 3-4 years and i don't kno if its cancerous..and jus recently anotha lump appeared..and i also got a lump in my hair line ..i read that that may not be a problem but i dunno..could some1 please help me out..im 16 and i don't kno how it goes..i jus hope things that u have 2 say r good news
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Jun 14, 2005 6:07 am

User avatar Hi Yung_Trae53,
Lymph nodes commonly enlarge due to an infection because they are the bodies filtering system for bacteria. They may not return to their preinfectious size. However, you may want to have the areas evaluated by your physician to assure this is the causative factor and that it is not related to any other anomalies.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 Yung_Trae53 - Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:19 pm

wel now i found anotha 1 on tha right side of my neck even lower and this is 1 very mobile..so i need 2 kno weither cancer lumps r hard or soft..mobile or fixed in 1 spot
 Theresa Jones, RN - Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:34 pm

User avatar Hi Yung_Trae53,
Generally speaking lymph nodes that are hard and fixed are much more concerning than the one's that are mobile (which usually indicate an infection etc.) Have a physician evaluate the areas to alleviate your concerns.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here