News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Fluid in the scrotum?

Jamiba - Wed Jun 15, 2005 8:23 pm

A couple of months ago, during my yearly physical, my docter told me I had fluid built up around my testicles, and said that he could remove it. I asked him if it caused pain and he said more like a dragging feeling. Then he just dropped the subject. At the time, I didn't really notice anything different, but in the past couple of months it has gotten worse and is now uncomfortable. It is also visable to me, that the left side is at least twice as big as the right. I've since lost my insurance and seeing him again right now is not an option. Does this sound like 'fluid' or something more serious? And if it is fluid, what is the fluid and will it go away eventually, or continue to get worse? And what is the result of doing nothing. Does it have anything to do with diet?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:24 pm

User avatar Hi Jamiba,
A hydrocele is a fluid filled sac along the spermatic cord in the scrotum. If in fact this is what you have a hydrocele generally speaking is not dangerous unless they become enlarged to the extent that the testicular blood supply in compromised. Treatment options are needle aspiration or outpatient surgery. Here are a couple of links for heath care assistance if you would like to check into them.
Link1
Link2
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here