Forum Name: Cervical Cancer

Question: Abnormal Pap

dz_blond - Fri Jun 17, 2005 4:07 am

I've had an abnormal pap for 10 years and have been tested for both high and low HPV, with negative results. They've done biopsies and nothing else is done. I haven't had a pap in two years because I get tired of hearing this news.
What else can cause this?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:52 am

User avatar Have you had a colposcopy? That's a sample of tissue from the cervix for testing and biopsy. If so, when was the last one?

How old are you? Post menopausal? If so, try estrogen cream (prescription, not "natural"). It does not carry the risk of oral estrogen.

About 80% of postmenopausal women revert to normal in 6 months to a year.