News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Lump on Anus

vrsenator - Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:35 pm

I have this small lump on my bum i don't mean on the cheeks or anything its right on the flange of my bum hole, Its not to painfull and ive only had it for two days now but i read in the paper today that smoking can cause anus cancer and im a little worried now i don't know what to do in terms of who to see about it as its sorta embarressing...
what would i say and who do i se about it please help with any ideas..

this is basicaly the same type of question as another person asked but i want to say that it would rather be embarresing to show my bum to a doctor..

I only feel pain from it mainly when i sit on a hard surface or when i squeeze my pc muscle and its rather uncomfortable..
Also what can cause these type of things ive never had any thing like it before??

I read in the paper (Heald Sun Thursday 23rd edition) that smoking can cause Anus cancer so i got a little worried about it as i have smoked since i was about 14-15 and now am 21 please help as i cant bear the thing any more

By the way ive had it for four days now and its about half the size of a peanut??? :oops:
 vrsenator - Thu Oct 23, 2003 7:40 pm

sorry to make another post but i was also wondering what could have caused such a thing to appear as im not homosexual at all never had any diseases (blood tests have proven that) im very active with work and other activities such as bike riding and mechanics..... im realy curious as to wether it could be in my Genes as my mother died of liver cancer.
 Dr. Jeffrey Gordon - Fri Oct 24, 2003 8:52 pm

Not every lesion or lump is a cancer. However, one should not ignore a lesion or lump that does not go away. The anal lesion could be a cyst. Any anal lesion should be examined by a physician. Often times, if it is not a cyst or does not resolve with a trial of antibiotic, then a biopsy of it or excision of it is in order to make certain that it is not a cancer.
 vrsenator - Sat Oct 25, 2003 1:07 am

Ive noticed not many people give you the thanks you deserve so i will i appreciate the information you have given me i will have to see a doctor as i couldnt just leave it there thanks again......... 8)
 Dr. Jeffrey Gordon - Sat Oct 25, 2003 12:16 pm

Your thanks is much appreciated! Thanks as well for stopping by The Doctor's Lounge and posting a question.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here