News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Knot in the bone of the skull

Anonymous - Thu Jun 23, 2005 8:35 pm

Hello,
I am naturally somewhat paranoid and i have recently noticed at the back left of my skull it is different from the right side because it sticks out more like a knot but it is bone. i wake up with very small headaches that stay pretty consistent throughout the day and the pressure is behind my eyes and am sensitive to sunlight and it gets worse when i concentrate on something for awhile(e.g. computer or watching tv). the pain is not by the different part of my skull is but i still want to know why i am having headaches everyday when i wake up. if i had a tumor big enough to make my skull change shape would i experience so much pressure that i wouldnt be able to stand it? and does a brain tumor give you headaches just around the area it is located or can it give you a headache anywhere. some people have told me that it is sinuses but i didnt think that sinuses could last this long. it has been goin on for about a week. thank you.
 Najah - Fri Jun 24, 2005 12:57 am

Please consult your doctor and get a complete examination which includes measurement of BP, assessment of acuity of vision, visual fields and possibly a fundoscopy. Also sinusitis needs to be excluded. The descriptions of headeaches you have mentioned can be due to migraine, or occular in origin like convergence insufficiency or could be psychosomatic. However, you need to be investigated.
Best regards,

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here