News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: How long does a lymph node stay swollen?

jmeyers - Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:52 pm

I started out last Sept. with a swollen lymph node on the right side of my neck (movable, not hard). Had bloodwork done and it came back fine. So, the lymph node has gotten alot smaller than what it was...it is very small now, but still there. Does anyone know if it actually takes this long for one to go completely away? I have always heard that sometimes when the swell, they never go away all the way. Is there any truth to that? the last time the dr. checked it, which has been a good while ago, she said she wasn't worried about it. Should I be concerned?
 Theresa Jones, RN - Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:16 am

User avatar Hi jmeyers,
Enlargement of lymph nodes resulting from an infectious state may not return to their pre-infectious size even after the infection subsides. If during your evaluation the physician was not concerned then I would not be alarmed at this point providing there hasn't been any changes (enlargement etc.) since your elvaluation.
Sincerely,
Rntdj
 jmeyers - Sun Jun 26, 2005 7:32 pm

Thanx so much for the info....makes me feel a little more at ease :)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here