News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Sore pains in rectum while going to the toilet

DoctorPhobia - Wed Jun 29, 2005 1:13 am

Early February I experienced sore pains in rectum while going to the toilet a couple nights in a row, I started to bleed on the second night and became very frightened at what it could mean. I have a chronic fear of doctors and people examining me since I was young and I foolishly didn't seek medical help nor tell anyone my problems because I felt uncomfortable telling anyone.

The pains stopped and the bleeding happened only once more during the month, then it didn't happen for a while, I thought it was just a wound like any other and that it healed up. My problems were over I thought.

Unfortunately it wasn't a one off problem, it's months since and I experience this dreadful happening now everytime I retire to the toilet. I'm scared because I've read it's possibly cancer and would need surgery to fix the problem. I dunno how else to describe the problem except to say that it's a fair amount of blood.

I'm 17 years old and am afraid of seeing a doctor or telling anyone in real life my problems. This fear stems from the my father death of cancer in hospital. Please help me.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Wed Jun 29, 2005 5:13 pm

User avatar I'm sorry you feel so frightened of doctors, but they are there to help you! Are you more scared of seeing the doctor than you are of being potentially very ill?

At your age, it would be rare for you to have cancer, but nothing is impossible. You may just have an internal hemorrhoid, but either way it needs to be treated and the cause found.

Please see a doctor to rule out anything serious. Maybe this will be just what you need to overcome your fear of them. :D

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here