News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Colon and Rectal Cancers

Question: Pain in anus area

over50 - Wed Jun 29, 2005 6:47 pm

I have been having pain that starts at the anis area and moves into my right and left lower sides.
it feels like something trying to push into my anis and it wakes me from a sound sleep I have pain in my side almost all the time but only at times do i get the pain in the anus area.
Can you help?
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jun 30, 2005 9:34 am

User avatar Do not let these symptoms go. Anus pain can be potentially serious, and abdominal pain as well. They may or may not be related, but do need to be evaluated. Abdominal pain can be too many things to even speculate here, please see your doctor.
 over50 - Fri Jul 01, 2005 4:47 pm

So what do you think it could be, everytime i go to the doctor they want to run all these test and when they do they find nothing but i have to pay the bills I do not want to go unless this problem could be a bad one :(
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Fri Jul 01, 2005 5:08 pm

User avatar Are you a female? Rectoceles can be common in menopausal women, but it's not a requirement, occasionally they occur in men too Rectocele is the wall of the rectum on the other side of the vagina is weakened and has collapsed, but they don't really hurt, so that is probably not it.

There is also anal fissure, a tear in the rectum due to constipation, hard stools, and/or straining to have a bowel movement. These can heal on their own, with lots of fiber in food and something like metamucil and a daily stool softener.

There are internal hemorrhoids, which are also caused by constipation, as above. They may bleed, and may also heal on their own the same way.

Then there is the possibility of rectal cancer.

The first three don't involve the abdomen, the last one can. There is no way to even speculate as to the cause of your abdominal pain. Myriads of possibilities from GYN to colon problems, among others.

It is best to get examined, even though you don't really have the money. Try a county hospital, many work on a sliding scale and charge whatever you are able to pay. Either way, do see someone.

Shannon

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here