Forum Name: Anal Cancer

Question: Constant Anal Discomfort

chrispacket - Mon Jul 04, 2005 7:28 am

For The Past Month I Have Had A Constant Feeling Of Discomfort In My Rectum(It Feels Like Something Is Pressing Against Something In My Bum),I Have Made Three Visits To My GP But Have Seen Three Different Doctors, Each Have Said It Is Not Cancer, My Stools Seem Narrower Than Normal But I Have Not Noticed Any Blood,I Have Changed My Diet In The Past Month To A more Healthy Fibre,Fruit And Water .Etc,I Have Had IBS For Some Years And An Anal Fissure Which I Have Been To The Hospital With(Now Discharged)But This Problem Is Not Something I Have Experienced Before,The Last Doctor I Was Seen By Told Me That It Had Been Put On My File As Proctalgia Fugax But Having Read Up On It,My Discomfort Is Constant And Is More Noticable When I'm Sat Down And Does Not Come And Go,Any Help Would Be Appreciated
Thanx
 Theresa Jones, RN - Thu Jul 07, 2005 6:05 am

User avatar Hi chrispacket,
During any of these evaluation were there any diagnostic studies completed which included a colonoscopy?
 chrispacket - Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:06 pm

During My First Visit To The Doctors I Had A Rectal Examination By The Doctor With A Gloved Finger But He Said Nothing Seemed Out Of The Ordinary, But My Last Two Visits Were Just The Usual Questions,Any Blood In The Stools .Etc They Did Say Though That A Couple Of Years Ago I Damaged My Coccyx And That Could Have Flared Up Again Along With The Problem I Have Now,They Also Said That If In 3 Months Time It Has Not Settled Down I Have To Go Back And They Will Re-Evaluate My Situation, But I have To Say That It Is Very Uncomfortouble When I Sit Down
 johncav - Sun Jul 24, 2005 2:10 pm

i have had a constant ache in m anus for the last 4 to 5 weeks aswell .
had a dre done and the doc told me i had 2 internal pile also so 2 rips
and thats that
when i am off work its not bad but in work sitting for hous it aches like mad.

Q do you ever feel the ache throught to your penis/balls

you do tend to worrie it is more serious.

hope things pick up for you
 ConcernedAboutMyself - Fri Aug 26, 2005 4:33 pm

I am getting the exact same pain in the anus area. This just started happening a couple of days ago, and I thought that it would blow away in a few days. I was very wrong, it just got worse and worse and now I am sitting here with uncomfortable pain while sitting down and can't sit straight in a chair, I have to lean towards one side or another. I told my mom about it and I have no problem telling my doctor the problem, its just I need to see him now but my mom said she will make an appointment next week???

Please if anyone can help me here, that would be great.
 Londonman - Thu Nov 24, 2005 11:48 am

I have had sharp pains around my anus area. about 5-6 shots of pain then it goes away although since 3 days ago i have had a consistent dull discomfort above my anus kind of centered in the fold area. Almost like i fell over and hit my tail bone but i havent. Then my stool has been harder and a different texture to pass leading in hemeroids forming. Then hemeroids go away and when I cough, sneeze or push a stool i can feel that sharp pain again. I am only 27 and have been told Cancer is most unlikely yet not impossible. I have been to the doctor and they saw nothing wrong with me and said to see a proctologist to get a colonoscopy done. But thats not for 2 weeks and I am worried.
If anyone can relate to what I am going through and shed some light on it please let me know asap.
Thanks,
David
 rybakgirl - Thu Dec 08, 2005 7:23 pm

London Man,

I had an annual fissure about 1.5 years ago and the pain you are discribing is exact to what I had. It was so bad at times that I would be in tears, I couldn't walk, I couldn't sit, if I coughed or sneezed I could have shot through the roof. Just very severe pain. Anyway, I went to a proctologist and found out I had a fissure. He prescribed anal suppositories that had belladonna and opium in them and they were fantastic. It took a good 6 months to a year for it to totally clear but I must say it was worse than childbirth. I now have pain that is related to hemorroids which I can control on my own. Whatever you do do NOT force a bm. Another thing that helped me was using a stool softener, changing my diet to more fiber and exercise. I hope I helped. Oh, there is some talk about a cream that is used to treat heart problems that works on the fissures, I wish I could remember the name of it. But because it is absorbed into the blood it can cause some undo effects.

Good Luck.

|