News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Miscellaneous Cancer Topics

Question: Lumps multiplying in forearm

schaefferjsj - Tue Jul 05, 2005 9:26 pm

About eight years ago when i was at the doctor, i pointed out a small pea sized lump in my left forearm, the doctor told me it was probably just fatty tissue and not to be concerned. Lately, i have been having some aching in that arm, my fingertips go numb and the lump has tripled in size. I have also located 3 other lumps close to the original lump. There are no lumps in my right arm. Yesterday, my left forearm began itching insanely. I have literally itched my arm raw. I know that there are no lymph nodes in your forearm so the likelihood of these being malignant is not very high. But i am still very concerned and quite frankly uncomfortable with them. I hate going to the doctor, but i guess i will have to buckle down and just do it. Just wanted to know if anyone had any ideas about this? Thanks.
 Shannon Morgan, CMA - Thu Jul 07, 2005 9:38 am

User avatar It sounds like they are putting pressure on your nerves and could possibly be putting pressure on the brachial and radial arteries, which could potentially cut of blood supply to the arm and hand. Please see a doctor asap.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here