"The information provided on is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Forum Name: Breast Cancer

Question: echogenic notch in the right axillary lymph node

mloffer - Wed Jul 20, 2005 2:30 pm

An echogenic notch in the right axillary lymph node on ultrasound, what does this mean? Larry my husband and I can palpate a lump in my right breast long with the lymph node under my right the Surgeon I saw 2 days ago could not and the breast is to dense for the mammogram (I see it right where it is) and tech said it was the same for the ultrasound. I wont give up its my live that they dismiss so easily, I would be dead along time ago. However, what should be the next step?
Thank you for your time.
Missi :?
 Dr. Wafaa Abdel-Hadi - Sun Aug 21, 2005 11:30 am

Dear Mloffer,

slow down and tell me ...first of old are you now? how big is the lump in your right it mobile and runs from underneath your fingers? and what about the axillary lymph big is it?and is it one or more....only in your right axilla or bilateral (in both)?

best regards,