News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lung Cancer

Question: Any Lung Experts out there...Help

szq - Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:56 am

Not sure what to do next?

I have been coughing up phlemn everyday now for a bit over 2 years. Most of the time I end up vomitting. I have seen muliple colors from black, brown, yellow green, orange & foam. It feels like the foam is coming from a pocket in my left lung and once that is gone I feel a sudden relief.

I have been to many doctors and still no one knows what is wrong. I had a chest x-ray clear. Breathing tests fine. Broncioscopy fine. No asthma. My problem is on an exhale. Had a CT scan that shows whispy areas in the left upper lung. Unable to determine if its scar tissue or what.

As an infant I had a type of Whooping Cough (rare strain) 3 babies had it other 2 died.
I did smoke ciggs up to a pack a day quit 2 years ago. Had a double bone fusion 4/03 C5/6 & C6/7. This problem started prior to neck surgery.

My Pulmonary doctor sent me to a stomache doctor as I am also having a lot of acid reflux. Not sure but think its from all the Vioxx. He's not sure if its phlemn or stomache acid going into my lungs but please where do I find a qualified doctor to help me????? On my own I raised the head of my bed 2 inches with a 2x4 and it has helped somebut not enough. I can't even eat or take my meds till noon because I can't keep it down.

Please help!
 indigo36d - Sat Oct 15, 2005 9:26 pm

It does sound as though your problem is in your GI tract and not your lungs although severe reflux can certainly result in some respiratory type symptoms. You don't mention whether your "stomach" doctor has done a procedure called an EGD to get a look at your esophagus, stomach and upper part of your small bowel or whether you are taking medication for the severe reflux. You mentioned Vioxx so I"m assuming that you are aware that this medication can cause irritation and even bleeding of the esophagus or stomach. Often finding the appropriate treatment for a disorder requires perseverance and a good deal of testing. You should return to the "stomach doctor" you have been seeing, who knows your case and make certain that he/she is aware that you are still having troubling symptoms so that you can decide together what the next step in your treatment should be.

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here