Forum Name: Head and Neck Cancer

Question: Lump behind ear and on neck.

Itinerant - Sun Jul 31, 2005 11:54 am

I've had a small lump directly behind my ear, on my head for as long as I can remember. I asked the doctor about it years ago, but he told me it was nothing to worry about. It's never grown, so I never worried about it. However, this morning I woke up and found a smaller, harder lump about an inch below, just about the area where my head starts and my neck stops. The lump behind my ear I'd say is about the size of a peanut, and has never grown. This new one is smaller, but I don't know how long it's been there. I only noticed it today. If someone could offer some advice, I'd appreciate it. Thank you.
 oddish - Sun Aug 14, 2005 3:27 pm

I am experiencing the exact same thing right now. It's kind of scary. I can't get into a doctor for a few more days but would love to have my mind eased a little bit.
 ace - Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:45 pm

me2
 barry255 - Fri Aug 19, 2005 2:42 pm

Hi
Im very worried about the very large lump on my left side of my neck more to my throat on and off i have had this around 2yrs . It goes and comes but never completly goes you can still see but no pain , when it comes back every 2/3 months its about inch in diamiter and very sore ...

I will explain clear as possible what im sure was the cause -
About 2 yrs ago i got a STD and had a white discharge - I decided to self diagnose and take my own anitiboitics -- i took a stronge 500mg each dose for 4 days - after 1 week i got this very large lump that went down after 3/4 weeks then the discharge came back so i took a diiferent antiboitic after a few different try with antiboitics the discharge went away . But i now have a very large lump that keeps comming and going ..

2 Months ago i had a very strange problem with my heart for about 2 weeks i thought it was stopping i have learned that is is proberly pulpitaions of the heart .. then after about 2 weeks that problem went away - now 2 months later i had 3 days of puplitions of the heart then it suddenly stopped ... Next day i stayed away all night and felt very starnge walking up and down the room in panic - i finally got some sleep to wake up in the morning with my neck the size of half a ping pong ball cut in half and its very sore ..

I know if i take care for a few fews it will go away as it always does but it will come back ..

I also smoke about 40 per day
Im 38 yrs old

I also tonight have discovered on my right side under my chin a small lump also which is a little sore to touch

Please adivse im very worried and very scared about hospital
could you please tell me what the problem may be

Thank You
 oddish - Sun Aug 21, 2005 8:31 am

My lump first appeared while taking a strong dose of antibiotics for a sinus infection, which then lead to a yeast infection, and then the extremely sore lump behind my ear on the curved bone at the base of the skull. It has been approximately 3 weeks and the lump has gone down and the soreness is going away. I'm hoping that it was just some sort of swollen gland and nothing more serious.
 jenniegirl - Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:13 pm

My mom is being sent to a specialist. She has a tumor by her pituitory gland tha we think has been there for at least 2 years...She has cluster migranes, ear pain with hearing loss, she feels "foggy", difficult breathing, oppsite side face twitches, and some peralysis, thin skin that looks a bit gray, tired all the time, vision problems, dizziness.....

This tumor is protuding on the left side right behind her ear. Now I know that 9/10 it's not cancer, and still needs to be treated. How dangerous is this as it appears to be rather larg? The lump on the outside is about 1 inch in diameter and I'm worred that it's grown up into brain mass? If it has what kind of damage beside hearing loss and vision occurs?? She's not tellin my siblings until after the biopsy and she got an appt with a specialist only 3 days after her apt with her GP?

She has high blood pressure, CPOD (uses inhalers) and just recently stopped smoking 3 weeks ago.

Also, my older brother had a tumor removed under his arm about 4 yrs ago that was isolated cancer. Is all of this hereditary...I don't smoke, have low blood pressure, about 15 pounds over weight but am in decent phsycial condition (used to be in the miltary)?

I know this is a lot, but I would like to know more about how the size affect things....

|