News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: Lump on back of head

Poppy - Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:08 pm

Hi,

My brother has a golfball size lump on the back of his head. It doesn't protrude to a great extent. I am very worried for him. He is hesisitant to go to a doctor as he has young children and doesn't want to find out anything bad.

He says it hurts at times. I have read that if something like this hurts it is a better sign that if it doesnt hurt. Am I right?

Can you give me any advice as to what it could be? Good or bad?
I am so worried.

Thank you for your time.
 Jennifer R.N. - Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:14 am

I know sometimes people don't want to go to the doctor for fear of finding something out that is bad but not finding out doesn't make it go away, you know? It may be just a cyst of some kind and you'll find out everyone is worried over nothing. :-) Or if it is something then maybe if he gets it checked out early enough it can be removed and everything will be fine rather than waiting until it spreads into something that can't be removed. They'd probably just do a little neddle biopsy to check. He really should be seen. :-)

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here