Forum Name: Skin Cancer

Question: Lump on back of head

Poppy - Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:08 pm

My brother has a golfball size lump on the back of his head. It doesn't protrude to a great extent. I am very worried for him. He is hesisitant to go to a doctor as he has young children and doesn't want to find out anything bad.

He says it hurts at times. I have read that if something like this hurts it is a better sign that if it doesnt hurt. Am I right?

Can you give me any advice as to what it could be? Good or bad?
I am so worried.

Thank you for your time.
 Jennifer R.N. - Sat Aug 06, 2005 11:14 am

I know sometimes people don't want to go to the doctor for fear of finding something out that is bad but not finding out doesn't make it go away, you know? It may be just a cyst of some kind and you'll find out everyone is worried over nothing. :-) Or if it is something then maybe if he gets it checked out early enough it can be removed and everything will be fine rather than waiting until it spreads into something that can't be removed. They'd probably just do a little neddle biopsy to check. He really should be seen. :-)

|