Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: lymph node biopsy

katmouse - Tue Aug 09, 2005 11:02 pm

thank you for reading this i hope you maybe able to shed some light on my results
i resently had a lymph node biopsy they removed 3 lymphnodes 10x5x3mm 8x5x3 10x5x3 from my arm pit they where all embeded in fibrofatty tissue they told me that i could have low grade lymphoma but the biopsy results came back as apperences could be consistant with dermatopathic lymphadenopathy but other reactive conditions could not be ruled out i don't have any skin rashes and have not had one for a long time could you please in lighten me of what this means thanks
 jo - Thu Aug 11, 2005 9:42 am

Good mornirng, just Saying hi to Thosee not getting replys, I know Nothing About Lympnodes Im A Brain Pateinet, but in last few weeeks am having these swollen nodes, Yest erday I went to see my Doctor, she started with BLlodwork at least. Im So sorrry your having problems and had to have Biopsy. I recently had 3 biopsies, 2 times on one (fro Melanoma) and another ohn back, So of cosure these new lumps are scaring me a little not alot.

Possbily you caoulg Talk to your Doctor about these results you received and Dig deeper as to What to watch for if there are anymore Changess in your Nodes, fevers or what to look for that you would need to have them re-checked. Ive learned one thing from all my other illness's (mostly Brain), persistance, TAhts why Im still alive.

GOd BLess
hugs Jo :D
 katmouse - Fri Aug 26, 2005 7:09 am

thank you for replying to my email i have been to the doctors several times the doctor can not explain dermatopathic lymphedenopathy to me expecially since i have no rash any where on my body that i can see i am very concerned because they keep check to see if i have anyother lymph nodes up should i be worried more the doctors here r treating me like i am an idiot when i ask questions what questions can i ask to get a straight answer

thank you
 jo - Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:42 am

Dear Katmouse , FROm my other illness's and havving to DEal with Nuerological and Nuerosurgeon feilds alot! I learned about questions to them. I WRite down the 5 most important Questsions startting with the most important .

IN your CAsee if it were me at least (Im NO DOctor) but for me I would Ask:

IVe been GIVEN 2 possiliblites of the CAuse of thse nodes FROm Biopsy results, Do you FAvior ONE result over the other and WHY?

ITS Obviouss I show NO signss of SKin isssues that would Accounts for This, is there something WE are misssing? THAtt we are not seeeing visbily on my skin?

Was theree anything showiwng on ALll myu Bloodwork that would ACcount for these Nodes?? (Im assuing you had the bloodwork) iof not insist! and if you have it then SEE the ACtual Report of your bloodwork. High WBC, low WBC, Lymphosites (SP), EOS (if Higer Can show Allergic posssiblites in BOdy, Bloodpatlets, B-12 Ecttt antuhing that could be throwing off your System and showwing highs or lows.

If I Wait a FEw weeks and come back can We do bloodwork again?

Wouldd you mind if I Get anothe r opinon?? (if they Balk that is a SIgn they Are not someone you wantt to deal with for sure) MY DOctors alwayss encourage 2nd opinons.

those ARE SOme Examples Thatt I would be askinggg if I had THe biopsys done.

I woulddl Say if anythingg happens psyicallyl that alarms you Calll Them ASAP if Emergent HEAdd to ER if you must because its your life and your body. (like FEvers, More swellings, RAsh sudennely Appearing, ect.....

I DO knoww how you feel I will Tell you THAtt much, its SCary when your BOdy does things or reactis in eways you don't nderstand.

Im waitting ot hearr about the ultrasoundd I had done on Abdomen, Im NOT REalllyl SCAred, Im too Sick to be Anyumore,ha,ha,ha but I Just WAnt to knoww whats going on.

Hgus
Jo
 katmouse - Mon Aug 29, 2005 7:31 am

thanks jo at least someone is replying
hopefully every thing is going well to your question no my doctors havent done any blood test i swear they are treating me like a pain in the butt i seen him the other day when i took my daughter to see him he asked how i was feeling and said he doesnt understand how the biopsy results say dermatopathic lymphedenopathy if i have no skin rash i told him i was still very tired and still very sore from having the nodes taken out and all he said was i will see what i can find out but in the same breath he said don't worry all people get tired don't worry
i am still very worried as no one will give me a straight answer

|