News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swollen lymph node in neck for a year and a half...serious?

a1142 - Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:40 pm

Hi. I am a 20yr old female and I have had a small lump on the left side of the back of my neck(right below the hairline) for over a year. I am fairly sure my doctor told me it was a swollen lymph node when I got it checked (which was close to a year ago). Even though when I went to see my doctor it had already been there a month or more, he said it was nothing to worry about. The lump has not grown in size, but I am becoming increasingly concerned because if it was a swollen lymph node due to some infection, I would think for it to have shrunk or disappeared by now. Does anyone know what might be causing this and whether or not this is a serious symptom of something. Other than occassional stiff necks, I can not think of any other symptoms. Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:18 am

User avatar Hi a1142,
Lymph nodes may not return to the size they were prior to their pre-infectious state. If it has not changed over the past year I would give this little concern.
Sincerely,
Rntdj

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here