Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swollen lymph node in neck for a year and a half...serious?

a1142 - Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:40 pm

Hi. I am a 20yr old female and I have had a small lump on the left side of the back of my neck(right below the hairline) for over a year. I am fairly sure my doctor told me it was a swollen lymph node when I got it checked (which was close to a year ago). Even though when I went to see my doctor it had already been there a month or more, he said it was nothing to worry about. The lump has not grown in size, but I am becoming increasingly concerned because if it was a swollen lymph node due to some infection, I would think for it to have shrunk or disappeared by now. Does anyone know what might be causing this and whether or not this is a serious symptom of something. Other than occassional stiff necks, I can not think of any other symptoms. Thank you for your time, I really appreciate it.
 Theresa Jones, RN - Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:18 am

User avatar Hi a1142,
Lymph nodes may not return to the size they were prior to their pre-infectious state. If it has not changed over the past year I would give this little concern.

|