Forum Name: Esophageal Cancer

Question: Worried about having esophageal cancer

jayson222 - Fri Aug 26, 2005 12:17 pm

My wife has had this bump on the left side of her neck on the side of her adams apple area. she's been having it there for about 4 to 5 days now. its the size of the tip of my pinky. not too big and not too small. when i push it it seems to move a little bit and my wife says it hurts a little bit if i push it hard. she had a sore throat before noticing this bump. we are worried it could be some type of cancer. does anybody know what this could be? because of hurricane katrina we were told not to leave the house unless it is an absolute emergency. so we are to wait here until further notice. if anybody has any idea what this could be please reply to this post. any information will be of great help.
Thank you very much.
 Dr. A. De la Guerra - Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:53 pm

User avatar Hi jason222,
If your wife had a sore throat, and now she has a little nodule in the neck, and hurts when you touch it, the most probably thing is that you found a reactive lymph node;these are seen frequently with or after head or neck infections.
Sometimes, depending on several factors (like type and severity of infection), the reactive lymph nodes can be found in the neck even weeks after the cause is gone.
You may be concern if the bump starts growing fast. I don't think you have to worry about it.
Hope Katrina goes far away from you.

|