Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Worried About Nodes

J - Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:51 am

I have had swollen nodes in a lot of places for years. Some since I was 11. I am now 25. So like 14 years. I have been to doctors and none have really made that big a deal out of them. Recently however I have noticed them a bit bigger and a few more.

I went to my Dr. and he immediatley ordered a blood test. All my results were normal including my Sed rate. He said that basically there is nothing abnormal going on in my body. I have had some other tests throughout the years and they too have come back normal (kidney/pelvic x-rays, normal earing and eye stuff).

He sent me on my way and yet I am still somewhat concerned.

Do you think that what he did was enough and would those rates necessarily be high if it was serious?

OWENMARIE - Wed Aug 31, 2005 9:26 am

Hi

I have had a swollen node in the right side of my neck for years. In April of this year I had my tonsil taken out, with the assumption that it was the cause. Not so, It's still swollen if not more that before. It is the cause of my ear ache, tooth ache and the swelling of the right side of my face. I had a ct scan that showed nothing. Theres talk of an mri and or biopsy. Or maybe they will do like they have done before and act like it's not a big deal. Suggestions anyon? :D
 ranna - Sat Sep 03, 2005 11:01 pm

Hi there. I too have had one lymph gland swollen since I was 8. (I am 24 now) I was told sometimes they just don't return to normal size. Anyways, I have had a few more this year, and went to the doctor. The first doctor said if the one in my armpit didn't go away within a month, to come back for a biopsy.
Two months later it was 1/2 the size, yet not completely gone. So I went back.
Different doctor this time. He said that they are soo small, (I would guess about 1-1.5cm) and just to watch them. He also said, (he also does naturopathic medicine as well as western) that sometimes they will swell when your digestive system isn't working that well, or your diet is not great. (which mine isn't) He suggested getting a homeopathic medicine called:

'"Lymphomosol" which clears out the lymph system of the toxins they are trying to get rid of.
I went to the herbal store and bought it the next day. I am not using it until Wednesday when I quit smoking. The doctor at the store said it flushes out the lymphatic system. It was $16 but called "lymposot"

I hope that yours is nothing serious. I was also told that if you have one swollen for years, it isn't really a concern. They will go up and down, as mine does when I am sick or cut myself shaving like yesterday.

|