Forum Name: Lymphoma

Question: Swollen lymph nodes

crystalp - Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:15 am

I have had swollen lymph nodes for about 10 weeks now. I've been on 3 different antibiotices in this time period and none have made a difference in the size of the lymph nodes. They started in my neck, about 2cm on either side of my neck. Since then I now have swollen nodes in my armpits, groin and behind my knees. My doctor has given me a referrall to an ENT specialist to have a biopsy of the nodes in my neck and has also scheduled a CAT scan. Everything I've read online has pointed towards lymphooma or leukemia. I'm really freaking out... Is there anything other than cancer that can be causing these symptoms? I don't have any signs of infection, the major thing I have is fatigue and a general feeling of just not feeling good. I also have some abdominal discomfort, although it's not consistent. I feel very full after eating a little bit of food sometimes and sometimes get sharp pains in my abdmoen, but they pass pretty quickly.

Bloodwork was done about 10 weeks ago and showed only a mild elevation of wbc and that I was slightly anemic. Doc has not had any bloodwork done since then.

Are there any other tests I should be asking for? Is an ENT the right kind of specialist to be seeing? I have very good health insurance and can go to whoever I want to, so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I am otherwise in very good health, never had any problems and am usually very active -- dancing, yoga, go to the gym. Feeling this tired is killing me!!!

Thanks for any insight/reassurance you can provide.
 Dr. Russell M - Sat Jan 03, 2004 1:42 am

User avatar Hi!

Did you consult with your ENT doc? Was the biopsy taken? An ENT doc would help do the biopsy best, after which the specimen is examined by the pathologist who will make the final diagnosis.

I guess maintaining your healthy lifestyle with a pinch of patience is the need of the hour until the results come out.

Warm regards,

-Bill
 crystalp - Sat Jan 03, 2004 10:50 am

My appointment with the ENT is in 2 weeks. It's the patience part I'm having trouble with! Thanks a lot for your reply.
 Dr. Russell M - Sun Jan 04, 2004 9:13 am

User avatar Hi!

please find the discussion regarding your problems at this page: Generalized lymph node enlargement

Warm regards,

Bill

|