Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Lump in scrotum

chuck2 - Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:47 pm

my father in law said he had a lump in his scrotum. he had it checked and they removed it. they called it paget cancer. something they had not seen for many years. said it was extra skin. he went in for his follow up and he had to go back in to get more taken out. he just had the 2nd surgery last week and went to his follow up and now there is more they have to get. can you tell me what paget cancer is. when i look itup it sounds like it is in a breast and in the bone. Are they really missing it or can it spread that quickly.
 Derek H, RN - Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:46 pm

Hi Chuck 2 ,

sorry for not answering your post initially, I have been checking into this for you.

The health professionals that i have consulted are quite stumped by this as none of them sem to have heard of it including myself.

The simplest explanation that we can come up with is that when the initial biopsy was carried out (that is taking a small piece of tissue and examining it under a microscope), the microscopy has shown cancerous cells similar in shape size and appearance to that of pagets which you are right in saying is a type of cancer found in breast tissue.

as to how quickly this can spread and other effects, i am sorry to say we just don't know.

Best advice is for your father in law to speak again to his surgeon and insist on him answering his questions.

Sorry that i cant be any more specific on this occassion, hope this is some help to you.

Best wishes and good luck.
 Derek H, RN - Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:08 pm

hi chuck 2
have received info from colleagues have link to web site
Extramammary Paget disease.
hope this helps

|