News  |  Journals  |  Conferences  |  Blogs  |  Articles  |  Forums  |  Twitter   

Headlines:

Doctors Lounge - Oncology Answers

"The information provided on www.doctorslounge.com is designed to support, not replace, the relationship that exists between a patient/site visitor and his/her physician."

Back to Oncology Answers List

Forum Name: Testicular Cancer

Question: Lump in scrotum

chuck2 - Wed Sep 14, 2005 6:47 pm

my father in law said he had a lump in his scrotum. he had it checked and they removed it. they called it paget cancer. something they had not seen for many years. said it was extra skin. he went in for his follow up and he had to go back in to get more taken out. he just had the 2nd surgery last week and went to his follow up and now there is more they have to get. can you tell me what paget cancer is. when i look itup it sounds like it is in a breast and in the bone. Are they really missing it or can it spread that quickly.
 Derek H, RN - Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:46 pm

Hi Chuck 2 ,

sorry for not answering your post initially, I have been checking into this for you.

The health professionals that i have consulted are quite stumped by this as none of them sem to have heard of it including myself.

The simplest explanation that we can come up with is that when the initial biopsy was carried out (that is taking a small piece of tissue and examining it under a microscope), the microscopy has shown cancerous cells similar in shape size and appearance to that of pagets which you are right in saying is a type of cancer found in breast tissue.

as to how quickly this can spread and other effects, i am sorry to say we just don't know.

Best advice is for your father in law to speak again to his surgeon and insist on him answering his questions.

Sorry that i cant be any more specific on this occassion, hope this is some help to you.

Best wishes and good luck.
 Derek H, RN - Wed Sep 28, 2005 6:08 pm

hi chuck 2
have received info from colleagues have link to web site
Extramammary Paget disease.
hope this helps

|

Check a doctor's response to similar questions

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Are you a Doctor, Pharmacist, PA or a Nurse?

Join the Doctors Lounge online medical community

• Editorial activities: Publish, peer review, edit online articles.

• Ask a Doctor Teams: Respond to patient questions and discuss challenging presentations with other members.

Doctors Lounge Membership Application

advertisement.gif (61x7 -- 0 bytes)

Tools & Services: Follow DoctorsLounge on Twitter Follow us on Twitter | RSS News | Newsletter | Contact us

Copyright © 2001-2010
Doctors Lounge.
All rights reserved.

Medical Reference:
Diseases | Symptoms
Drugs | Labs | Procedures
Software | Tutorials

Advertising
Links | Humor
Forum Archive
CME Articles

Privacy Statement
Terms & Conditions
Editorial Board
About us | Email

We subscribe to the HONcode principles of the HON Foundation. Click to verify.We subscribe to the HONcode principles.
Verify here