Forum Name: Brain Tumors

Question: Scared from MRI results

Hazybrain - Fri Sep 16, 2005 9:38 am

I had an MRI on Wed the 14th. It showed tat my previous mass of 2-3mm(in 2001) has grown to 1cmx.06cm. it is located in the right frontal lobe anterior to the horns. It is situated in the deep white gray matter. The report says either benign or neoplastic mass. My DR is scheduling me to see a neurosurgeon.
My question is are slow growing masses such as mine possibly cancerous? Can a neurosurgeon even operate in that area?

Hazy
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Mon Sep 19, 2005 12:06 am

User avatar first I want to say how sorry I am you are going through this. Yes....it is possible it is cancer. any mass has that possbility. I would prepare for it to come back positive. Can it be surgically removed? I can not anwer that seeing I am an RN and not familiar with the surgical aspects of tumor removal, however that is a very complicated area of the brain. Good luck to you and god bless...................Angela,RN
 Hazybrain - Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:00 am

Thanks so much for your reply, now the Neurologist says it grew to 1.0 cm x .06 cm in '03 but hasn't grown since...now what does that mean for me? Is it "normal" to have a growth on your brain"? Or should I have someone else take a look?

HazyBrain
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:04 pm

User avatar seems to be it is a slow growing tumor. and no, its never normal to have a mass on your brain. If you question your neurologists assessment or his response to the results I would suggest a second opinion..................Angela,RN
 Hazybrain - Mon Sep 19, 2005 7:31 pm

I am having an MRI of the brain tomorrow as well as the C spine. I had a doppler of my corotid arteries today and an EKG (Both fine). The neuro's I have seen thus far act like this mass is no big deal, but yet there has been no biopsy...scared.

Hazy
 Angela Grunewald, RN - Mon Sep 19, 2005 9:22 pm

User avatar address these concerns tomorrow at your appt. If they still act like it is no big deal, get a second opinion. ask MANY questions. you need to leave that office without any question or doubt about your condition. this is your healthcare and you need to know everything.....................good luck tomorrow..................Angela,RN

|